NBA Digital Technology Powers The Finals Gametime Studio, NBA TV Film Room And Exclusive Coverage
NBA Digital has their sports technology assets ready to enhance the fan experience with multi-screen coverage of the 2015 NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. NBA TV will feature live programming and exclusive content generated on site at The Q and Oracle Arena viewable across all screens. The Sports Techie community blog is excited to continue delivering the NBA’s sports tech endeavors to our readers and followers that continue to push the industry to new horizons.
NBA Finals Sports Tech
The NBA prides itself on producing original programming packed with in-depth news, video highlights and social media integration through NBA.com, NBA Mobile and the NBA Game Time app we blogged about earlier this season you can read further about at this link, here.
This is NBA TV’s 16th year in a row of providing pre-game, live and post-game coverage made for the millions of fans watching on TV, OTT and digital devices around the world. The signature NBA GameTime studio show will broadcast direct from the Warriors and Cavs venues surrounded by enthusiastic fans cheering on their favorite team, players and broadcasters such as analysts Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal, Chris Webber, Grant Hill, Isiah Thomas, Steve Smith, Dennis Scott, Rick Fox and Brent Barry, who combined bring 14 NBA Championships to the table.
The network’s studio coverage is hosted by Matt Winer and will stream live coverage of post-game press conferences and interviews with impact players on set after each Finals game.
NBA TV’s NBA GameTime analyst schedule:
|Games 1 & 2||Grant Hill, Shaquille O’Neal and Kenny Smith|
|Games 3 & 4||Charles Barkley, Isiah Thomas and Chris Webber|
|Games 5, 6 & 7 (if nec.)||Brent Barry, Steve Smith and Hill|
Look for added post-game news conference coverage (presented in their entirety) hosted by Jared Greenberg for Games 1-2 and Rick Kamla for Games 3-7. Steve Smith and Fox offer expert analysis for Games 1-2 with Barry and Fox on Games 3-4 and Fox and Scott for Games 5-7. Sideline reporters Rachel Nichols (Cavaliers) and David Aldridge (Warriors) are poised to inform fans with series insights that make a terrific second screen companion to the live ABC telecasts.
The NBA Finals Film Room is a new roundtable show of former coaches breaking down and analyzing strategies, trends and game action in real time as they watch every game. The debut during this year’s Finals will offer an analytics approach to game planning, strategy and performances. The first taped two-hour episode premieres at 9 p.m. on the day following each Finals game so it begins on Friday, June 5 (except for Monday, June 8, at 5 p.m. after Game 2).
Vince Cellini will host the first four shows alongside NBA coaching veteran and TNT analyst Mike “The Czar” Fratello and guests Michael Malone (former Sacramento Kings head coach) and Brian Shaw (former Denver Nuggets head coach). Cellini and Fratello will be with NBA TV analyst Stu Jackson (former New York Knicks head coach) and Vinny Del Negro (former Los Angeles Clippers head coach) for Games 5-7 (if nec.). The analysts promise to engage with all levels of fans by taking questions using the hashtag #FilmRoom, watch for this program content to feature fan interaction.
Inside Stuff/The Starters
Two special episodes of NBA Inside Stuff presented by Samsung Galaxy – co-hosted by Hill and Kristen Ledlow will be available on NBA TV. The new episodes begin Saturday, June 6, and end on Saturday, June 13 (both at noon ET), with behind-the-scenes content from The Finals. Online fans can look forward to The Starters (weekdays at 7 p.m. and Sundays at 6 p.m. on NBA TV) on-site presence with Leigh Ellis and Trey Kerby contributing live daily updates from both cities.
The NBA.com website has extensive Finals coverage for smartphones, tablets and computers to access live streaming press conferences, thorough game breakdowns, compelling video highlights, revealing stats and human interest game stories from the site’s team of award-winning reporters. Finally, NBA Mobile and NBA Game Time app are streaming video highlights, post-game press conferences, scores, player statistics and schedule information throughout The Finals for their global fans.
NBA Digital’s content highlights for The Finals will include:
- NBA GameTime – Live at The Finals, NBA TV’s nightly studio show will be televised on game days at 7:30 p.m. (Games 1, 3, 4, 6* and 7*) or 6:30 p.m. (Games 2 and 5*). The show will feature pre- and post-game coverage including highlights, analysis, player interviews, game previews and recaps.
- Press Conferences – NBA TV will provide full coverage of every post-game press conference during The Finals.
- Off-Day Coverage – On non-game days, NBA TV will air NBA GameTime at 8 p.m. with each show recapping the previous night’s action and looking ahead at the upcoming game including coverage of team practices, interviews, press conferences and analysis.
- Sounds of the Finals – The show will take viewers courtside and into the huddles with an all-access pass to The Finals on Thursday, June 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- Finals Hub – NBA.com will produce a series hub to serve as the home for all 2015 NBA Finals content. The page – available via NBA.com, the NBA.com mobile website and NBA Game Time app – will include video highlights, box scores, series stats and game stories, along with a collective of the latest social media buzz.
- Live Streaming Press Conferences presented by Cisco – The site will provide live streaming video for every post-game news conference as well as live off-day press conference coverage during The Finals. Additionally, the pressers will be available via the NBA.com mobile page and via the NBA Game Time app.
- NBA Second Screen – A narrated real-time stream of curated content featuring social posts, embedded video highlights, game action photos, stats and editorial commentary that will provide fans a unique insider view. The stream will be available via NBA.com and the NBA Game Time app for all Finals games.
- Smitty’s Mt. Rushmore – NBA.com’s meme generator, inspired by Steve Smith’s interview with LeBron James where the four-time MVP picked his foursome of all-time greats, has expanded for the playoffs with a series of additional topics, in addition to allowing fans to choose their “greatest of all time.” New themes include Best International Players, Most Stylish and Most Clutch. Users can name their mountain and then share across Facebook and Twitter.
- #NBAFinals Spotlight – #NBAFinals Spotlight, presented by Crown Royal and Cîroc, will continuously keep fans up to speed on the latest tweets, photos and other social engagement by NBA players, teams and the conversations surrounding the playoffs.
- NBA Finals Pulse – Featured on the NBA.com home page with a mosaic layout, NBA Finals Pulse will present updates, news, video and photos throughout the series. Leveraging the power of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Pulse keeps a beat on the NBA conversation, all in one destination. Modules include a “Trendicator” displaying in real-time the leading players across social, player dashboard content feeds, a global trending map, and interactive match-up hubs which capture photos and social for the series.
- NBA Style presented by Samsung Galaxy – Devoted to NBA style, the NBA.com microsite will feature enhanced content focused on the hottest off-court fashion including interviews, photos, and more, along with social engagement.
- Social Channels – Fans can stay engaged with NBA.com and its latest updates and content throughout the playoffs via @NBAcom on Twitter and NBA.com’s Facebook page.
- NBA Game Time – During The Finals, users can follow all the action through NBA Digital’s mobile app available on iOS, including the Apple Watch, and Android. Further, NBA Game Time, sponsored by Bank of America, will provide a bracket view, series dashboards, live scoring, game alerts, news and more.
- Finals Hubs – Linked to and from the Finals bracket, each mobile-optimized hub will feature series-specific video, playoff headlines, game schedules and the latest Twitter activity for both teams.
NBA.com Mobile Web – Fans will have access to NBA.com content through their mobile devices with postseason stats, scores and standings, video series trackers and the playoffs series hub.
Follow the NBA Draft 15 and Playermetrics.
NBA TV is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA’s extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Sports Techie, the Atlanta Hawks made a historical run to the NBA Eastern Conference finals but were swept by the LeBron James led Cavs in a one-sided series, while the Warriors dismantled the Houston Rockets in the Western Conference finals, a team I root for ever since being their official wiki Moderator when I worked for Wetpaint in Seattle.
It is easy to root for the NBA MVP, Stephen Curry, because he is the kind of All-Star player every kid dreams of playing like in the gym, on the blacktop, playing nerf hoops in the basement or in the NBA2K video game. The same can be said for the planet’s best hooper, @KingJames, the first player to go to five straight NBA Finals since the Boston Celtics did it in the 1960’s. Analyze the SportVU breakdown of The Finals for your perusal, here.
If you have an Apple Watch, NBA Gametime app is optimized for your mobile delight.
These are the two best franchises playing for the championship and each has a significant home court advantage. The Cavs play at the Q and have the league’s largest video board known as Qumongo, HUMONGOTRON.
Golden State calls Oracle Arena home and like the Seattle Seahawks at Century Link Field, they may have an unfair decibel level competitive edge that will shake your screens and pierce your ears.
#WarriorsGround is already electric. Can’t even imagine the scene for #NBAFinals. BE THERE » http://t.co/7hgqE42jbO pic.twitter.com/9GaNPQ8ut7
— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) June 3, 2015
Whoever you like best, whether you root on the Splash brothers or have it in your heart to support Cleveland, America’s city with the longest championship drought in pro sports, be sure and join the social conversation at hashtags #WarriorsvCavs and #NBAFinals, and the team-centric #WarriorsGround and #AllinCavs. Stay connected to trending players at the NBA Pulse.
The sports betting odds favor the Warriors perhaps because they had the league’s best record, the MVP and possible Coach of the Year in Steve Kerr at the helm but something tells me the old NBA rule that you need to lose first in order to win favors the Cavs and proven veteran Sir LeBron in a seven game thriller of a series Final.
The NBA Final begin June 4 so download the NBA Digital apps and be ready for the basketball action.
See y’all later in Seattle, Atlanta and around the world.
Sports Techie Social Media Networks
Sports Techie SportsBlog.com: http://www.sportsblog.com/profile/SportsTechie
Sports Techie Skyword: http://robertroble.skyword.com/
Sports Techie Skype: sportstechie
Sports Techie Twitter: @SportsTechieNET: http://twitter.com/SportsTechieNET
THE #SportsTechie Twitter: @THESportsTechie: https://twitter.com/THESportsTechie
Sports Techie Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SportsTechie
Sports Techie YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sportstechie
Sports Techie Google+: http://gplus.to/SportsTechie
Sports Techie Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103708211458464405078
Sports Techie (Robert Roble) Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobertRoble
Sports Techie LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sports-Techie-2958439
Sports Techie LinkedIn (Robert Roble): https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertroble
Sports Techie Instagram: http://instagram.com/sportstechie
Sports Techie Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/SportsTechie/
Sports Techie Moby Picture: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/sportstechieNET
Sports Techie Myspace (Bob Roble): http://www.myspace.com/549000677
Sports Techie Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/86791607@N04/
Sports Techie Vine: https://vine.co/u/906354614369136640
Sports Techie Quora: https://www.quora.com/Bob-Roble
Sports Techie Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user36773456
Sports Techie FriendFeed: http://friendfeed.com/sportstechienet
Sports Techie Guy: https://twitter.com/sportstechieguy
One response to “NBA Digital Technology Powers The Finals Gametime Studio, NBA TV Film Room And Exclusive Coverage”
[…] The 2105 NBA Finals are can’t miss summer sport action beginning June 4 and viewable via NBA TV on digital devices or ABC on […]