UEFA Champions League Knock Out Stage Infographic Via Guarantee Tickets
The Sports Techie community blog was contacted by the blogger relations manager at Guarantee Tickets, one of the leading brands in the online ticketing industry about a recently published Infographic that offers a comprehensive breakdown of the upcoming 2015 champions league round of 16. The MLS gets started here in the U.S. in another month so if you are located here get excited about this compilation of statistics before the season begins, and if you live across the pond in Europe or are a global fan of the UEFA champions league, do yourself a deep dive analytical favor and look further at the most accurate and up to date as possible data available for fans, betters and people who are new to this exciting professional soccer format. It sure is a good era in soccer to be a tech using fan.
Champions League Sweet 16
The win or go home UEFA competition from February 17-25 is for the elite pro clubs that qualified after months of preliminary matches during 2014. Winners press on towards the Champions League Final hosted in Berlin, while losers are eliminated.
All virtual eyes are on defending champs Real Madrid who will try to pull off a feat never before accomplished in the history of this prestigious International tournament, repeat as champs.
The group stage stats, team records and insightful predictions per match are revealing.
@THESportsTechie Champions League Knockout Infographic Analysis
- The mighty Arsenal team out of the Premier League has overwhelming offensive numbers when compared to their defensive minded opponents from Monaco, resulting in a whopping 73 percent chance of winning, but you still have to play the game. The Association Sportive de Monaco Football Club plays in Ligue 1 in France and hopes their strategy leads to a low scoring affair or a draw to have a chance for the major qualification upset.
- FC Basel out of Switzerland comes into the group stage with a losing record against the balanced Portuguese club FC Porto out of the Primeira League that comes in undefeated at 4-0. Porto has explosive offense and a stout defense which the Swiss Super League club will need to neutralize with a game plan that calls for winning control of the ball over the 90 minutes of game time.
- Bayer 04 Leverkusen hails from the Bundesliga league in Germany and are hard to score on, however, Atletico de Madrid is even stingier on defense and more a more up-tempo scoring club. The current champions of La Liga in Spain were founded in 1903 so their century long tradition of playing in big matches is certainly part of the reason they are favored to advance by 83 percent.
- Perhaps the most intriguing game of the round of 16 involves Manchester City and FC Barcelona. On paper, Barcelona has this game wrapped up before the game is started but MCFC gets up for the big games and it does not get any bigger than this one. If the defense of MCFC does not show up, they still have the first wearable app, but either way, it could be over early as a result of MVP type output by Messi. Still, the 62 percent advantage by Barca is not a for sure winning calculation.
- The most even match is definitely Chelsea FC vs. Paris Saint-Germain Football Club at a 50 percent chance each of qualifying onward. Chelsea plays well on both sides of the field while Paris SG hopes to step up their offensive showing for their French fan base and owners, Qatar Investment Authority, in order to achieve a hard fought victory.
- In the most lopsided match of the champions league round of 16. FC Schalke 04 has the odds going against them versus Real Madrid, led by Cristiano Ronaldo, the most popular player on social media in the world with over 100 million likes on Facebook. SO4 has to find a way to stay in the game defensively to defeat undefeated and high-scoring Real, the richest team in sports at $3.44 billion.
- The Football Club Shakhtar Donetsk from Ukraine has the weight of a country to play for as their fellow countrymen fight the Russian army. Unfortunately for them, they are matched up against the powerful FC Bayern Munich squad, a Bundesliga league powerhouse team managed by Pep Guardiola. Even though the stats are about even between the teams, the records are not as FCB comes in with a 5-1 record compared to the 2-1-3 record for Shakhtar.
- Juventus, a top Serie A league organization in Italy, has a style of play that may not be exiting for viewers on TV and mobile devices but they know how to win with tight defense, while their opponent Dortmund, the fourth Bundesliga in the draw, is also tough to score on but brings more offensive flair to this interesting match. BVB is the underdog at 39 percent meaning look for the team who wins the shots on goal stat to win the qualification game.
Sports Techie, the group stage performance Infographic provided by the creative team at GuaranteeTickets.com of the champions league round of 16 knockout stage can be seen via this link: http://guaranteetickets.com/blog/champions-league-round-of-16-2015-infografic
If you plan on attending and need a ticket, be sure to visit their web site.
These UEFA round of 16 metrics will most likely increase the chances of winning a bet, a fantasy soccer opportunity, or friendly wagers amongst family and friends. Use sports technology as a competitive edge when it comes to doing your due diligence before you place a bet by using team apps, expert match betting analytics and even video replays on web sites to help make a more informed wager.
Two factors that are essential to consider is knowing what city each game is being played at and inside of what stadium. Search that information here before making your bets, buying tickets or watching on your television, smartphone, tablet, or computer. The second screen fan experience will be amazing.
See y’all later in Seattle and here in Atlanta.
Sports Techie Social Media Networks
Sports Techie SportsBlog.com: http://www.sportsblog.com/profile/SportsTechie
Sports Techie Skyword: http://robertroble.skyword.com/
Sports Techie Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user36773456
Sports Techie FriendFeed: http://friendfeed.com/sportstechienet
Sports Techie Skype: sportstechie
Sports Techie Twitter: @SportsTechieNET: http://twitter.com/SportsTechieNET
Sports Techie Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SportsTechie
Sports Techie YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sportstechie
Sports Techie Google+: http://gplus.to/SportsTechie Sports Techie Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103708211458464405078
Sports Techie (Robert Roble) Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobertRoble
Sports Techie LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sports-Techie-2958439
Sports Techie LinkedIn (Robert Roble): https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertroble
Sports Techie Instagram: http://instagram.com/sportstechie
Sports Techie Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/SportsTechie/
Sports Techie Moby Picture: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/sportstechieNET
Sports Techie Myspace (Bob Roble): http://www.myspace.com/549000677
Sports Techie Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/86791607@N04/
Sports Techie Vine: https://vine.co/u/906354614369136640
Sports Techie Quora: https://www.quora.com/Bob-Roble
Sports Techie Guy: https://twitter.com/sportstechieguy