Back for the 12s: American Express and the Seattle Seahawks Return for Second Season of “All for the 12s” Experiences in 2016.
American Express and the Seattle Seahawks extended their exclusive multi-year sponsorship partnership benefiting card member 12s with one-of-a-kind fan experiences not available for fans of other NFL franchises. The rest of the 2016 football season looks promising for the team, local businesses and loyal fans. The Sports Techie community blog is excited to share this AMEX news with our readers and followers in the PNW, across the nation and around the world because I am part of 12s nation having grown up in Washington State a lifetime Hawks fan. This is the second year of the arrangement and is significant because the Seahawks are the only NFL team Amex sponsors making tagline, ‘Back for the 12s,’ truly special. Sports tech makes the world go round.
Amex Card Member 12s
This 2016 regular season started off slow for the team but not the fans because a full lineup of activities for American Express Card Members and area merchants were already scheduled, win or lose. This home town mojo helped the mighty Seahawks right the ship and they are now in first place in the NFC West with a key matchup this Sunday at CenturyLink Field against the powerful Atlanta Falcons, also in first place in the NFC South.
Program features include Hawks Island returning to a Puget Sound waterfront pier this Sunday, October 16. A rowdy but controlled Section 12 pre-game experience strategically positioned outside the stadium before home games. Also, fans were treated to a popular community tour featuring the American Express Fan Van and merchant tool kits allowing local businesses opportunities to create support of the team in 12thman style.
“Last season American Express did a phenomenal job of creating great activations and events, including Section 12 and Hawks Island for Seahawks fans on Blue Friday and on gameday,” said Amy Sprangers, Seahawks Vice President of Corporate Partnerships and Suites. “We are honored to extend our partnership with American Express, a partner who will continue to bring incredible experiences to our fans.”
American Express hosted the 2nd annual “Dinner on the 50,” exclusive dinner midfield experience for select Card Members highlighted by a royal four-course meal with seating on the 50-yard line. Attendees interacted with other 12s, took selfies on the turf, and enjoyed panel discussions with Seahawks players Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner and Tyler Lockett, in addition to other memorable fan activities like bursting through the tunnel just like the team does during pregame.
“We’ve seen first-hand the amazing passion this city has for the Seahawks, from the fans to the storefronts, the Seattle community is united in supporting their beloved team,” said Gunther Bright, EVP and GM of Merchant Services U.S., American Express. “Just as the Seattle community is devoted to their team, we are devoted to the Seattle-area Card Members and merchants who rely on American Express every day. We’re honored and excited to bring back a second season of experiences for the 12s, with returning fan-favorites and new experiences for fans to enjoy, fueled by the service and access that only American Express can provide.”
All for the 12s
Features around this year’s partnership include:
Exclusive Benefits for Card Members and 12s:
- Section 12 Pre-Game Experience: American Express is bringing back Section 12 – a pre-game destination for 12s looking to congregate before Seahawks home games, located outside of the Northwest Gate at CenturyLink Field. The first Section 12 pre-game experience of the season took place prior to the Seahawks’ home opener. Fans will be treated to a variety of fan-friendly activities including appearances by Seahawks legends, giveaways, and phone charging stations. Event entry is free to American Express Card Members on a first-come, first-served basis.
- American Express Hawks Island: Following the success of its introduction last year, American Express will bring back Hawks Island to the 12s on October 16 prior to the Seahawks’ game later that day. This exclusive Card Member experience, which takes place on a barge able to host hundreds of 12s on the Puget Sound, will include food and beverage from local Seattle merchants, Seahawks-related appearances and other special activities, combining to create the ultimate pre-game party!
- In-Stadium Perks: There will be a package of incentives for American Express Card Members making purchases in the stadium, including free gifts with concession stand purchases at select locations, Seahawks Pro Shop discounts during select games, and waived fees for the stadium’s mobile ordering feature.
- Stadium Experience Upgrades: At each Seahawks home game this season, American Express will surprise select Card Member season ticket holders with field passes to view pre-game festivities – getting fans even closer to the team they love!
- Amex 12s Pass: New this season, fans with iOS devices can add the Amex 12s Pass to their Apple® Wallets to receive notifications about exclusive Seahawks offers and experiences, including the chance to meet Seahawks legends, get discounts on Seahawks merchandise, receive exclusive game day benefits in stadium and more.
Merchant and Community Offerings:
- Tools for the 12s:American Express will enable local businesses to get even more involved with their fellow Seahawks fan base through customized “All for the 12s” item tool kits.
- Fan Van Community Tour:For those passionate fans across local Seattle area suburbs, a special Fan Van tour will bring the excitement of Seahawks player and talent appearances, giveaways and other opportunities.
Sports Techie, by entering your americanexpress.com User ID and Password to confirm Card Member status you can download the Amex 12s Pass for the iPhone and iPad. Seahawks fans can use this Amex 12s Pass sports technology app for iOS to stay up to date on events and benefits all season long.
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
The Seahawks are owned by Microsoft co-founder, local businessman, investor, philanthropist, and musician, Paul Allen. I worked on the Seattle stadium campaign team for Our Team Works and Mr. Allen, and I’ve seen him play electric guitar twice in person. Once at the campaign celebration for the passing of Referendum 48 enabling the facility to to be built as a competitive edge with the help of public funding while saving the Hawks from leaving to California. The other live entertainment experience was at the Seattle Center EMP when he got onstage with an all star rock-and-roll lineup and rocked the house.
I hope Paul reads this story and decides to join the band at Hawks Island before the upcoming game against the Falcons this Sunday which is sure to be closely contested.
That way, AMEX card member can add another epic sport fan experience highlight to the list of specially created fun by American Express designed, all for the 12s.
See y’all later in Seattle, Atlanta and around the world.
Sports Techie Social Media Networks
Sports Techie Twitter: @SportsTechieNET: http://twitter.com/SportsTechieNET
THE #SportsTechie Twitter: @THESportsTechie: https://twitter.com/THESportsTechie
Sports Techie Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SportsTechie
Sports Techie YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sportstechie
Sports Techie Google+: http://gplus.to/SportsTechie
Sports Techie Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/103708211458464405078
Sports Techie (Robert Roble) Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobertRoble
Sports Techie LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Sports-Techie-2958439
Sports Techie LinkedIn (Robert Roble): https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertroble
Sports Techie Instagram: http://instagram.com/sportstechie
Sports Techie Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/SportsTechie/
Sports Techie Moby Picture: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/sportstechieNET
Sports Techie Myspace (Bob Roble): http://www.myspace.com/549000677
Sports Techie Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Sports Techie Vine: https://vine.co/u/906354614369136640
Sports Techie Quora: https://www.quora.com/Bob-Roble
Sports Techie Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user36773456
Sports Techie Skyword: http://robertroble.skyword.com/
Sports Techie Skype: sportstechie
Sports Techie Periscope: Sports Techie
Sports Techie Snapchat: sportstechie
Sports Techie Guy: https://twitter.com/sportstechieguy
One response to “Seattle Seahawks Extend AMEX Card Member Partnership Benefiting 12s And Local Business”
[…] American Express and the Seattle Seahawks renewed and extended their partnership for 2016 season (its sole NFL sponsorship), bringing back its All for the 12s platform that involves working with Seattle merchants and the team to provide a variety of benefits for Card Members and the 12s all season long. Benefits include the Section 12 pre-game activation, merchant offers, and gift-with-purchase deals for AMEX Card Members. The 2016 partnership kicked off with a special preseason “Dinner of the 50” experience on CenturyLink Field attended by 400 Card Members with surprise appearances from current Seahawks players. […]