Most Digital World Cup Ever Streaming All 64 Matches Live on Peacock with Content Highlights and Experiences Across Digital Platforms
Comcast, NBCUniversal and Telemundo, the latter being the exclusive Spanish-language right holder of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, hosted a fever de futbol business plans virtual press event yesterday which the Sports Techie community blog took part in. The unprecedented upcoming football coverage across multiple media outlets, a director to consumer platform, and many different social platforms, features more than 2,000 hours across Telemundo, Universo, Peacock, TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo Deportes’ app beginning with game one on November 20 when Qatar plays Ecuador through the finals on December 18. My Mother is full Ecuadorian so you know who this Latino fan plans to cheer for in the first match. Leading the Hispanic-centric plan discussion for the U.S. where Latinos make up 1/5th of our population, were Ray Warren, President, Telemundo Deportes, Eli Velazquez, EVP, Sports Content, Telemundo Deportes, Romina Rosado, EVP, Hispanic Streaming, NBCUniversal, Mark Marshall, President, Ad Sales & Partnerships, NBCUniversal. The executive leadership discussed the production and execution of the most digital World Cup ever because of streaming all 64 matches live on Peacock in 4K quality, a first for the United States. The comprehensive onsite footprint has four sets and more than 10 positions across the city of Doha with in-venue commentary during every one of the 64 games making the on-the-ground presence as extensive as covering an Olympic Games. I must mention this World Cup comes at a reported cost of $229 billion, with construction of white elephant stadiums, along with extensive bidding corruption, migrant worker violations resulting in a reported 6,500 deaths, and LBGTQ human rights cultural differences, while completely changing course in 2015 from a summer schedule to play in the less heat intensive winter months of the Middle East that negatively effecting every professional European soccer league and the UEFA Champions League during the six weeks long tournament. NBC and Telemundo says they will cover anything that affects the tournament as they occur, the same way they did for the Olympics in China, so stay tuned. Yet, the World Cup goes on and many consider all the issues to be a learning valuable learning lesson for FIFA and they must be going forward. Having said all this for the record, let’s focus on the Telemundo content highlights and experiences across digital platforms generated by multiplatform programming with a robust production footprint, with record making partnerships and advertising partners all taking part in the biggest sporting event around the globe. Terms like ‘Identify, History, Community, Connection, and Love’ are all at the heart of the cross-promotional coordinated effort by Comcast who made the sporting event a high priority for their Symphony marketing strategy that encompasses all their channels and platforms for compelling promotion.
My question to the group was the following: Are all 64 matches broadcasting and live streaming without commercial interruption, and if so, do you lose significant advertising revenue as a result? Eli Velazquez, EVP, Sports Content, Telemundo Deportes, kindly answered. He said, “There will be the normal formatting for this event that you are typically accustomed too, where you will have commercial inventory highlighted in our pre and post-game programming of course, and also during our halftime as well, during the 45 minutes of play for each half, there will be no interruptions of course to the match itself, so it will run complete, as the soccer Gods intended.”
Latino Focus, Streamers And 200%ers
Because of the intense Hispanic bond to the World Cup, Telemundo has their digital fingers on both El Mundial and Qatar, offering a one-of-a-kind, digital fan experience for the super streamers, hyper mobile and always connected American Latino viewers with a most common age of 19 and 2/3rds under the age of 34.
Brands and marketers also know the value of speaking to Latino consumers as we add $2.8 trillion GDP to the US economy. This is why Ford stepped up as the presenting sponsor for the pregame shows, T-Mobile for the halftime shows, and Coca-Cola is the title sponsor for the post-game shows. Look for Samsung animated graphics adverts and an Xfinity, Unreal Technology powered, immersive Studio.
To ensure U.S. based fans can watch where they want, the first four days of live streaming is available on whatever platform for free, without authentication needed. After that on Thanksgiving Thursday, fans can watch games in Spanish with closed caption in English either on television, by entering cable credentials to stream the rest of the matches on Peacock, or pay for it online with special Peacock streaming prices. Peacock also has a a free, 24 hour World Cup channel with highlights, original programming and more. Interactive fantasy sports bracket and NBC Sports betting content will also be a part of the online experience.
Another content focus is for the 200 hundred percenters audience, made up of people that are one hundred percent American and one hundred percent Latino, while fluent in both languages and cultures, making them proud to a U.S. citizen and proud of their Latino heritage, just like my family.
Telemundo Deportes Apple iOS.
Telemundo Deportes Google Play:
“We are proud to be the home of FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. This will be an extraordinary year for NBCU and Telemundo as we present the world’s biggest and greatest sporting event,” said Ray Warren, President, Telemundo Deportes. “Our team and the entire NBCU family are prepared to deliver deeper coverage, unique perspectives, unforgettable stories and more excitement than ever before.”
FIFA WORLD CUP 30 LANGUAGELESS PROMO FOR ELTV CROSS PROMOTION
Warren added, Thanksgiving day coverage on Nov, 24, of all four Copa Mundial games are to be wrapped into coverage of NBCSN’s NFL broadcast of the Patriots and Vikings Sunday night game, where futbol meets football, for the first time. He says they can bring both audiences and coverage together for some post-game television, which is another first. Finally, Warren said it will be interesting to see how college football and soccer fans navigate November 26 on Fox and FS1 versus Telemundo and Peacock when Ohio State plays Michigan, while at the same time, Argentina plays Mexico.
Telemundo Deportes Presents Most Complete Coverage and Comprehensive Onsite Production Ever
Telemundo Deportes’ production will surround the fan with unprecedented coverage and its largest onsite presence ever. In addition to the more than 30 play-by-play voices, game analysts, soccer experts and correspondents who will be providing coverage on the ground, Telemundo Deportes will have more than 10 distinct positions across Doha, including four sets and additional picturesque positions.
The main presentation studio will be located at the center of the Souq Waqif Marketplace, featuring a dual view that captures the cultural and historic side of Qatar. A second set on the Corniche features Doha’s modern West Bay skyline as its backdrop.
The third location will be at Al Bidda Park in the middle of the FIFA fan festival, the waterfront fan destination featuring an extensive entertainment line-up of performances, cultural attractions and innovative fan experiences. To ensure a complete and immersive experience, the fourth position will be situated at the interior of the Souq Waqif offering a unique and picturesque view of heart of the marketplace – a backdrop exclusive to Telemundo.
Finally, in addition to having in-venue presence at all 64 games with commentary teams calling the matches from the stadiums, Telemundo Deportes will have a studio at Lusail Stadium and in-venue hosting platforms at select high-profile matches as well as a standup position at the IBC and a VAR room with dedicated referees reviewing each and every game.
The comprehensive onsite footprint will support the network’s all-day programming supported by a team of 650 employees across Qatar and U.S. Coverage will begin at 4 a.m. ET most days during Group Stage featuring pre- and post-match shows originating from Qatar for each of the 64 games and often run through midnight.
In addition to the line-up of ancillary programming below, Telemundo will deploy on-air talent from the network’s top news and entertainment shows to report live and onsite from Qatar, including the network’s morning show hoy Día, its award-winning daily news show Noticias and top magazine news show Al Rojo Vivo.
- Hoy en la Copa – Multiple Daily Editions – Telemundo and Universo: The live 30-minute daily preview and recap program, World Cup Today, is the network’s landmark FIFA World Cup show setting up the most important and exciting storylines of the event and around each match, including colorful content from the stadiums and training grounds as well as the fan festival. Telemundo Deportes’ Miguel Gurwitz, Ana Jurka, Carlota Vizmanos and Carlos Hermosillo will serve as hosts with the participation from all expert commentators.
- Debate Mundial – Daily Show, Times Vary – Telemundo and Universo: World Cup Debate is the network’s daily hourlong signature discussion and analysis program presented live from Qatar after the last match of the day, featuring entertaining and provocative discussions from a mix of diverse experts and personalities offering their unique perspective and tone for the talk. The show also showcases post-match interviews and press conferences as well as a look ahead at what’s coming up in the next day of competition.
- Zona Mixta: Edición Mundial – Daily, 12 a.m. ET – Telemundo: The leading late-night weekend sports entertainment show, offering the latest news and commentary, will present an extended one-hour special edition show during the FIFA World Cup 2022™.Experienced sports journalists and hostsVeronica Rodriguez and Daniela Lopez Guajardo will fill in for Ana Jurka and Karim Mendiburu and anchor the studio coverage featuring daily reviews of each game with an irreverent and entertaining tone that invites fans to enjoy the biggest competition in the planet through a different lens.
NBCUniversal and Telemundo Deliver Most Digital World Cup Ever
As previously announced, Peacock is the only direct-to-consumer streaming service in the United States to simulstream live coverage of all 64 matches. In addition to its live presentation of the matches, Peacock’s World Cup Hub will surround the FIFA World Cup 2022™ with daily shows featuring highlights and analysis plus on-demand full-match replays supplemented by an exclusive and free Copa Mundial 24/7 Virtual Channel produced by Tplus — Telemundo’s digital content brand.
Telemundo is prepared to deliver the most digital World Cup ever with ancillary digital initiatives and partnerships to ensure complete, multiplatform coverage and experiences beyond the games, including live short-form social media game highlights, live shows and interactive integrations across platforms. Fans can join the conversation to follow all things World Cup using #MundialTelemundo. The extensive digital offering for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ includes:
- YouTube will offer Spanish-language real-time video highlights available via the Google search engine, including pre-game, in-game, and post-game clips featuring best of, match highlights and major moments in the match, as well as game previews, winning probabilities, line-ups and news.
- Twitter will feature daily live content, original programming on Twitter live from the host city, live look-in to Peacock’s coverage and video highlights throughout each competition day.
- Facebook and Instagram will provide match highlights, social-first content live from Qatar featuring live content from the stadiums, exclusive coverage of trainings, team arrivals, warmups and press conferences.
- TikTok will immerse soccer and casual soccer fans into the event by offering an exclusive livestream from Qatar featuring fans, daily match highlights, as well as unique fan stories and behind the scenes content during the entire event.
- Interactive Bracket for the World Cup™ and Fantasy Content will give fans the opportunity to compete on TelemundoDeportes.com available on both desktop and mobile interfaces and allows users to participate in multiple game modes, whether it be playing against soccer fans or creating their own private league for family and friends.
- NBC Sports Predictor powered by PointsBet app (available in the App Store and Google Play Store) and at NBCSports.com/Predictor will launch free-to-play games consisting of contests that cover a range of predictions from head-to-head positional statistical matchups to the game result, and more.
In addition, all of Telemundo Deportes’ coverage, including every match, will stream live on TelemundoDeportes.com and Telemundo Deportes’ app, across desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs exclusively for authenticated users.
NBCUniversal and Telemundo Reimagine Premium TV Advertising for FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Coverage
NBCUniversal and Telemundo are heading into the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ coverage with a robust slate of advertising partners elevating the entire viewing experience for fans across the globe through 360-degree investments, commercial innovations, digital-first activations and so much more. The company is teaming up with three world leading brands as Presenting Sponsors including – Ford’s Pre-Game Show, T-Mobile‘s Half-Time Show and Coca-Cola‘s Post-Game Show.
With more than 20 new advertisers across Auto, Retail, QSR, Wireless categories and more, NBCUniversal and Telemundo are exceeding the company’s growth since the FIFA World Cup Russia™ 2018. Plus, NBCUniversal is reimagining premium TV advertising during coverage of the games with brand partners Samsung, Volkswagen, and Xfinity tapping into the company’s long-standing Content & Commercial Innovation success.
- With high-visibility placement around key World Cup matches, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 smartphone will be on full display in a custom commercial launch animation. As coverage rolls into a beautiful shot of Qatar, viewers will be met with an animated graphic experience as the Z Fold4 device opens to reveal a blend of relevant NBCUniversal and Samsung interface imagery, before the display seamlessly transitions into key commercial creative.
- Volkswagen is gearing up for one of the biggest global sporting events with custom content spots produced by the Creative Partnerships @ NBCU team that will air on key USA match dates across Telemundo platforms. Iconic, celebrated Telemundo Deportes stars will be featured in the seat of the all-electric Volkswagen ID. 4 SUV where they will take viewers on a journey through major cities across America, made possible using the latest virtual production technology. These moments will celebrate the true significance that fútbol represents including community, passion and joy – further fueling the love for the sport.
- Xfinity is bringing fútbol fans even closer to all the action taking place on-the-ground at the World Cup with an exclusive Xfinity-branded virtual studio powered by UNREAL technology. Twice a day in a fan-centric segment, Telemundo Deportes and Xfinity will connect fans in Qatar with those back at home; showcasing behind-the-scenes action, watch parties and all the other moments they cannot find anywhere else in this immersive studio environment.
In addition, a third of Peacock’s Tplus brand partners including – T-Mobile, Toyota and Verizon – will be sponsoring the platform’s World Cup coverage. Launched earlier this fall, Tplus is Peacock’s content brand designed to super serve the full spectrum of today’s U.S. Hispanics for years to come.
Sueño de Campeones (Official Telemundo FIFA Theme) – by Yoav Goren
Shot at the historic recording studio Abbey Road, the official music video of Telemundo’s FIFA World Cup theme “Sueño de Campeones” by composer Yoav Goren is a timeless theme for this World Cup and all to come. Video copyright: – FIFA – Telemundo Network, LLC Video. Produced by: Adriano Roig, Adrian Costas, and Eli Velazquez. Camera by: Damian Bradshaw. Edited by: Adriano Roig. Music Composed by: Yoav Goren. Music Producer: Yoav Goren and Mario Ruiz.
Sports Techie, will you laugh, smile and shed a tear during this World Cup? Telemundo believes so.
This marks the first time since 1930 where all World Cup games are played in one city.
I searched the Telemundo YouTube channels and found some relevant content for our readers and followers to learn from and enjoy, including videos about a new stadium and technologies, the Mexican National Team, and the new World of Football Exhibition, as well as a Telemundo Deportes Playlist you’ll want to keep coming back to for video updates.
Innovación y sustentabilidad en este estadio para el Mundial de Catar | Telemundo Deportes
A Team Mexico Promo.
The World of Football Exhibition en Catar.
Telemundo y Peacock son la casa exclusiva en español de la Copa Mundial de La FIFA Catar 2022. Desde el 21 de Noviembre al 18 de Diciembre. ¡El Mundial Lo Es Todo por Telemundo y Peacock!
Telemundo’s Qatar tagline: “El Mundial Lo Es Todo” translated to English is: “The World Cup Is Everything.”
Soccer is indeed better in Spanish.
Bet your Peacock on it.
So say the soccer Gods.
See you later sportstechie in Seattle, Atlanta and around the world!
Sports Techie Social Media Networks
Sports Techie Twitter: @SportsTechieNET: http://twitter.com/SportsTechieNET
THE #SportsTechie Twitter: @THESportsTechie: https://twitter.com/THESportsTechie
Sports Techie Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/SportsTechie
Sports Techie YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/sportstechie
Sports Techie LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/2958439/
Sports Techie LinkedIn (Robert Roble): https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertroble
Sports Techie Instagram: http://instagram.com/sportstechie
Sports Techie Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/SportsTechie/
Sports Techie Skyword: http://bobroble.skyword.com/
Sports Techie Snapchat, Skype: sportstechie
Sports Technology Podcast with Bob Roble.
Sports Techie Quora: https://www.quora.com/Bob-Roble
Sports Techie Moby Picture: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/sportstechieNET
Sports Techie Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Sports Techie Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user36773456
Sports Techie Guy: https://twitter.com/sportstechieguy
Sports Techie Alignable: https://www.alignable.com/atlanta-ga/sports-techie-llc
THESportsTechie Is A Consultant For Videon: https://www.videonlabs.com/